Monday, February 14, 2011

Return to Redlin by Lazette Gifford

 Note: I couldn't find it on Goodreads, so I wont post it there

The Book: Return to Redlin by Lazette Gifford

The Particulars: Romance, Smashwords, , available as e-book

Why was it in my TBR?  I have wanted to read something

The Review:

The blurb:
Return to Redlin is a romantic adventure novella

Ginger returned to Redlin after her failed marriage and buried herself in a calm life, working for the Senior Center during the day and as a clerk at the Gas and More at night. But when the high school bad boy, Derrick Weston, returns after ten years to attend his grandfather's funeral, things take off in ways she didn't expect.

Old rivalries and new robberies put the two in close contact -- whether they want it or not.

My impressions:

This was a free read, that I downloaded from Smashwords. It was a nice satisfying read, not great but not bad.  Lazette Giffords normally writes fantasy and science fiction.  And that showed in the plotting. Suspense was well plotted, and intresting but the romance part was minimal. At the end scene, I must admit I scratched my head and wondered where the HEA came from.  
But the characters were nice, and I look forward to reading her next book :) 

You can download it here

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...