Sunday, September 11, 2011

Review: Archangel's Blade by Nalini Singh

Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4)Archangel's Blade by Nalini Singh

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Trying to discover the identity of a murder victim brings together the vampire Dmitri and a hunter for the Guild, Honor. And as the gruesome murders continue, a lethal sensuality explodes between them.

When I heard that the next GuildHunter book would be about Dmitri, I was a bit curious how Ms Singh would manage to redeem him. I must say, she succeeded splendily. This is a complex, violent tale about venegance. It was interesting to see the world through Dmitri and Honor. The two main treads in this tale, is what happened to Holly, and Dmitri's past. As Dmitri and Honor start to search for the ones that planned Holly's aduction, they reveal the dirt sides of the society. Paralell to this, Dmitri is working on another case, on that leads straight to his past.
I was a bit surprised that I wasn't bothered more by the violence, but it feels right. Dmitri is ruthless, and it would have been odd if he hadn't acted like he did. Or maybe it is that I expect the GuildHunter novels to be violent.
Or maybe it is that there is so much more in the book that counter it, the friendship between Honor, Ashwini and Vivek. The way Honor treats Holly. The glimpses into Dmitri's past.

Honestly, this review only scrapes the surface of the book. To really appreaciate it, you need to read the book.






View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...