Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Review: Yours to keep by Shannon Stacey:



The Particulars: Contemporary Romance, Harlequin, available in print and as e-book.
The Source: Purchased at Kobo
The Grade: A
The Blurb:

Sean Kowalski no sooner leaves the army than he's recruited by Emma Shaw to be her fake fiance. Emma needs to produce a husband-to-be for her grandmother's upcoming visit, and, though Sean doesn't like the deception, he could use the landscaping job Emma's offering while he decides what to do with his civilian life. And, despite his attraction to Emma, there's no chance he'll fall for a woman with deep roots in a town he's not planning to call home.
Emma's not interested in a real relationship either; not with a man whose idea of home is wherever he drops his duffel bag. No matter how amazing his "pretend" kisses are...



The review:

I thought I had reviewed this book last year, but a search through the archives proved me wrong, so I am reviewing it now instead.I love Sharon Stacey, she is one of those authors that I turn to when I want a good contemporary romance. This book was no exception.
This was an heartwarming book, filled with a good romance and lot of laughter. I loved how Emma and Sean's relationship evolved, from the first meeting to the decision to give the facade a try.
The tension between them was understandable, but under the scrutiny of their family their emotions gradually turned real.

Just like the previous Kowalski novels, it takes place in New England. I have never been in New England,but to me the setting felt really believable. From the house Emma lived in to the small town they shopped in.

The first time I read this book, I was a bit sceptical about wheter or not the premise would work. But it did work, at least for me. And the reason it work is the fact that Emma loves her grandma, and she only wants to ease her worries.

The only thing I didn't like was the secondary romance between Cat and Rupert. I liked Cat, but the romance felt tacked on, and I didn't feel it added anything to the story.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...