Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Heads up: Google Reader is closing

I am sure that you have already read this on a number of blogs, but I thought I would post about it anyway :).

From Google's announcement:
Google Reader will be retired on July 1, 2013. If you'd like to download a copy of all your Reader data before then, you can do so through Google Takeout. You'll receive your subscription data in an XML file, and the following information will be downloaded as JSON files:
  • List of people that you follow
  • List of people that follow you
  • Items you have starred
  • Items you have liked
  • Items you have shared
  • Items shared by people you follow
  • Notes you have created
  • Items with comments

I don't use rss readers, but I suspect that a majority reads this blog through a rss reader.   Dear Author has a  list with possible replacements here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...